Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Woman! You are a Precious Pearl

          A Woman is the greatest Force, Strength, Wealth and a Treasure to the Human Society…….
          We are very much aware that when we educate a man, we educate a single individual but when we educate a woman, we educate the entire family, society and the world at large. As Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru says, “TO AWAKEN THE NATION, IT IS WOMEN WHO MUST BE AWAKENED”. She is the embodiment of LOVE AND A POWER HOUSE. She needs to rise above the situation, not only as a woman of success but as a woman of strength, as an empowered woman with dignity and values. We are proud to have women icons; they have become the living beacons. Mother Teresa, Indira Gandhi, Sonia Gandhi, Medha Patkar and our President Smt. Pratibhadevi Sing Patil, they have all become history makers. In the scripture we read that it is Mary Magdalene who proclaimed the resurrected Jesus to the world. She is the first messenger of good news.
          So woman! Wake up to make the world a better place, for you, for me and the entire human race. Celebrate your day with great pleasure and with the pride of being “SHINING PEARL”. Come out of your walls that imprison you and fight for your rights and live as an empowered woman. I conclude with a famous saying, “DO WHAT YOU CAN, WITH WHAT YOU HAVE, WHERE YOU ARE, BY BEING A WOMAN OF STRENGTH, A WOMAN FOR OTHERS AND A WOMAN WITH OTHERS”.



When I am conceived              …You abort me
When I am born                      … You discriminate me
When I am an adult                   … You abuse me
When I wish education            … You deprive me of it
When I reach the age of marriage … You count me in dowry
When I work equally like you       … You pay unequal wages
When I am married                          … You harass me physically
When I am old                                  … I am no one.

HAPPY WOMEN’S DAY

Shriya R. Lazarus



1 comment:

  1. Happy Women's Day...
    May Mother Mary - the blessed one among women - intercede for all women...
    God bless...

    ReplyDelete